Social Media Policy
The Metro Parks policy ensures that Metro Parks social media outlets maintain a professional image of Metro Parks and meet legal standards. For purposes of this policy, social media is forms of electronic communication through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages and other content. Examples of social media include but are not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube and other online collaborative information and publishing systems that are accessible to internal and external audiences (Reddit, Wikipedia).
Social media use will be routed through the Social Media Specialist, in conjunction with the Public Information Manager, to maintain consistency and accuracy of content across Metro Parks. All new social media sites or administrative changes to existing sites shall be managed by the Social Media Specialist and approved by the Public Information Manager.
1. Metro Parks will utilize social media to engage, build relationships with and provide useful information to the public and raise awareness of Metro Parks mission by providing relevant and timely information and opportunities for interaction.
2. Our goals in using social media include:
a. Bring awareness to all Metro Parks and our mission
b. Increase engagement with park users and the general public in an effort to build and maintain meaningful relationships that will create positive public opinion of Metro Parks
c. Connect and engage with our park visitors online, where they are already having meaningful discussions about Metro Parks
d. Increasing credibility with the public by posting credible, relevant information and transparency.
3. Metro Parks website (metroparks.net) is our predominate internet presence
a. Where appropriate, content posted to Metro Parks social media sites will also be available on our official website
4. All official social media presences are to be listed on Metro Parks website to assist the public in identifying official social media presences
5. All Metro Parks social media sites shall comply with usage rules and regulations provided by the site provider, including privacy policies as well as local, state and federal laws
The content of Metro Parks social media sites shall include but is not limited to information, photographs, videos and hyperlinks.
Metro Parks social media is a place for supporters of Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks and we encourage open discussion and invite you to share your thoughts and opinions. Metro Parks will respond to questions, comments and messages, when appropriate, within 24 hours. By participating on Metro Parks social media pages, you are agreeing to our commenting policy, outlined below.
We reserve the right to delete posts containing any of the following elements:
1. Profanity and obscene, threatening or harassing language or images
2. Content that promotes, fosters, disparages or perpetuates discrimination of any kind
3. Content that is hateful, promotes or incites violence or is harassing
4. Content meant to threaten or defame any person or organization
5. Misinformation and spam
7. Personal attacks
8. Promoting illegal or questionable activities
If you repeatedly violate this policy, you will be removed from our page.
If you become a bother to our supporters, you will be removed. We encourage open discussion, which includes disagreement, but we will not tolerate harassment or taunting of Metro Parks and/or our supporters.
We appreciate your cooperation and support and look forward to connecting with each of you, our loyal supporters.
If you have a question regarding this page or anything on it, please email email@example.com.
These guidelines shall be posted as a disclaimer and are made available on Metro Parks website.