Social Media and Marketing Specialist
#OptOutside was started by REI in 2015 as a day to close their stores on Black Friday and give their employees and customers a day to get outside. They partnered with organizations like the National Park Service and other outdoor recreation organizations to help others connect with nature, and it’s since spread to a national day, where parks districts and outdoor enthusiasts plan events and encourage others to #OptOutside.
This year, Metro Parks invites you to #OptOutside on Friday, November 25, 2022. Bring your friends, family and pets to spend time in nature, and maybe see or learn something new!
Many Metro Parks have #OptOutside programs on November 25:
- Gobble Hobble: Blacklick Woods Metro Park, 11am. Burn off the Thanksgiving calories on this 6-mile hike on all of Blacklick Woods’ trails.
- #OptOutside Hike: Blendon Woods Metro Park, 2pm. Tired of the Black Friday craziness? Try a 2-mile hike instead!
- Day off School: Nature’s Feast: Inniswood Metro Gardens, 10am. Walk the gardens while learning about all of the ways nature provides for animals at Inniswood.
- Adults 50+, Walk off the Turkey: Rocky Fork Metro Park, 4pm. Walk off the turkey and search for signs that fall is coming to a close on the 1.3-mile Beech Woodland Trail.
- #OptOutside: Scioto Grove Metro Park, 9am. Join Outdoor Adventure for a 3-mile hike to walk off your holiday feast!
- Archery: Scioto Grove Metro Park, 1pm. Enjoy taking aim at themed targets at the Scioto Grove Archery range – all equipment will be provided!
- Off-Trail Ravine Ramble: Sharon Woods Metro Park, 1pm. Join the naturalist for a rugged, 2.5-mile off-trail hike in the park.
Find a list of all events here!