STEPHANIE REINER, Slate Run Farm Interpretive Aide
There are lots of things to see and do when you visit Slate Run Living Historical Farm. Here are some things to try:
- Walk through the vegetable garden and see what’s growing. Discuss what vegetables your family likes and dislikes.
- Come into the farmhouse parlor and take a look at the stereoscope, the 3-D viewer or play the piano.
- Discover and play with the toys around the house and yard; the marble game is a perennial favorite.
- The kitchen bustles with all sorts of food preparation: baking, cooking, canning and drying. What food prep is done in your kitchen?
- Help shell and grind corn. What animals eat corn? Do you?
- Look around at the barn and see the animals and equipment. Climb up the stairs to catch a bird’s eye view of the space. What is your favorite farm animal?