Big Walnut Creek Parkland
Big Walnut Creek Parkland is the newest addition to Metro Parks. The 98-acre natural area was acquired on January 31, 2017. The site is dominated by old-growth oak-maple forest, ravines and 100-foot bluffs that overlook Big Walnut Creek.
Burning Lake Area
Paving projects are underway throughout the park district. Trail maintenance, road and/or parking lot resurfacing are ongoing at the following areas:
- Blacklick Woods; Ash Grove
- Battelle Darby Creek; Cedar Ridge
- Clear Creek; Barnebey Hambleton
- Highbanks; Oak Coves and Big Meadows
- Inniswood Metro Gardens; pathways and Chipmunk Chatter Trail
- Scioto Audubon; main roadway
- Sharon Woods; main roadway
Scioto Grove Metro Park
Development of additional park amenities is currently underway. A multi-purpose building that can serve as a reservable event venue, accommodating up to 135 people, was recently completed. An archery range and 3D archery course are now open. Upcoming additions include a disc golf course and a two mile multipurpose trail.